The story of the Trust is really the story of the dedicated landowners who have decided to protect the land that has great meaning to them. Their commitment to the land means that those open spaces, water buffers, historical sites, working farms, forested lands and more will be conserved forever to benefit the entire community.
Read some of our stories about conserved land:
- Twelve conservation properties designated as Virginia Treasures by the Governor in 2016
- Urban Conservation in Fairfax, protected against a worst-case scenario
- Alexandria at the Ready, a Civil War site
- Lily’s Beloved Farm, open land in Fairfax that will become a park
- Oak Hill: Remnant of a Grand Estate, a historical home in Fairfax, now surrounded by development