Winners of the 4th Annual Nearby Nature Photography Competition will be announced Monday, Nov. 20! Look for more on the 2017 winners in our newsletter, right here on the website, and on Facebook.
The contest, open to all non-professional photographers, offered prizes for adults in two categories:
- The Land and Water Around Us
- Urban Nature
There is a separate youth category(under 18) with prizes.
General Contest Information
- This contest promotes awareness of land conservation and the work of NVCT, a regional land trust committed to saving nearby nature®, as well as the many public lands in our area, including parks and preserves.
- Submitted photos must be taken within the Trust’s service area: Arlington, Caroline, Fairfax, Fauquier, King George, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford counties; and nearby independent cities including Alexandria, City of Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Manassas Park.
- NVCT employees, members of the board of directors, and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Each photographer may submit up to four photographs, but is eligible for only one contest award per year.
- Basic editing is allowed (such as filters, adjusting contrast, cropping, and sharpening).
- A panel of guest judges will review the submissions for creativity, content, composition, and originality, and award the top photographs by youth and adults in each category.
- Photographs must be submitted in digital format (jpg, png, gif, or tif).
- All identifiable persons in each photograph must sign the waiver section of the contest entry; parents or guardians must sign for subjects under 18.
Many thanks to our prize donors!!